To allow access to the MailStore archive using the email client of your iOS based device, the MailStore Server-integrated IMAP server must be activated and configured. This procedure is described in chapter MailStore Server Service Configuration.
Opening an Email Account
- On the start screen of your iOS based device select Settings.
- Select Accounts & Passwords and then Add account.
- Select Other.
- Select Add mail account.
- Fill out the fields Name, Email address, Password and Description and select Next.
- Select IMAP.
- Fill out the fields under Server for incoming emails:
- Host Name: Host name or IP address of your MailStore Server
- User Name: Your MailStore Server user name
- Password: Your MailStore Server password
- Fill out the fields under Server for outgoing emails:
- Host Name: Host name or IP address of your regular SMTP server
- User Name: Your email server user name
- Password: Your email server password
- Select Next.
- Select Save.
Important Notice: By default, the iOS email client uses the same email account for replying to or forwarding an email that the respective email belongs to. As the MailStore IMAP server presents its archives as read-only accounts, replied to or forwarded emails will be sent through the configured SMTP server but cannot be stored in an account's Sent Items folder.
To work around this problem when replying to or forwarding an email, you have to choose an account for sending other than the MailStore archive IMAP account. You can choose an account in the iOS email client by tapping on Cc/Bcc, From: <Sender's email address> and selecting the sending account. The sent email will then be placed in the "Sent Items" folder of that account as expected.
Article-ID: KB20200710-2-EN (Deutsche Version)