Problem: After the first time installation of MailStore Server, you are unable to log in.
Solution: Here is a list of things to check:
- Open the MailStore Server Service Configuration from the start menu and check the Windows event log for potential problems preventing MailStore Server from starting.
- If there is nothing special in the logs and it looks like MailStore Server is running, check if the IP Addresses and Ports section of the MailStore Server Service Configuration shows
Listen on: (All IP addresses)
- Check if localhost can be resolved via DNS. Open the command line shell (cmd.exe) and enter:
- If the reply comes from hostname.yourdomain.local instead of localhost (127.0.0.1), add the following line to the file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts"
- Finally save this file and reboot your system to activate the changes
- If the previous steps did resolve the problem, please try to run locksmith from the MailStore Server Service Configuration tool to restore the admin password.
- If the login still fails, please contact the MailStore technical support.